Veterinary Spinal Manipulations at Sawtooth Equine!
Dr. Santacaterina is one of few veterinarians in the state of Idaho who has completed a 240 hour course to gain certification in equine spinal manipulation (‘chiropractic’ work) and acupuncture.
The training includes lectures in anatomy, neurology, chiropractic technique and veterinary medicine and labs to insure safe and accurate technique.
What is Veterinary Spinal Manipulation?
Veterinary spinal manipulation ( often termed ‘chiropractic’ work) is the science, art and philosophy concerned with good health through restoration and maintenance of a properly functioning neuromusculoskeletal system, without the use of drugs or surgery.
Veterinary spinal manipulation is a manual therapy, which can be used for many health and performance problems. It focuses on the biomechanical dysfunction of the spine and its effect on the entire nervous system throughout the body.
This treatment does not replace traditional veterinary medicine; rather, it provides additional means of diagnosis and treatment options for spinal problems, as well as biomechanical related musculoskeletal disorders. Spinal manipulation can often eliminate the source of acute or chronic pain syndromes.
Veterinary Spinal Manipulation can be used for:
- Chronic musculoskeletal problems
- Acute problems such as tension or stiffness
- Preventative treatment to maintain fitness
- Maintain soundness in older animals
- Enhance performance ability of sport animals
- As a complementary treatment for chronic lameness attributed to poor saddle fit, arthritis, SI problems or sore/stiff backs. Call now to book your appointment!